Monday, May 2, 2011

Month 4 Weigh-in Week - Gargantuar

What I've Been Up To

So it has been awhile since I have last made a serious blog post, you may find yourself wondering what I have been up to. In the past week or so I have been to spin class twice and joined a gym that is super close to my house and a few friends of mine go there. It is much easier to motivate yourself to go to the gym with others. I've been playing a lot of tennis and just being more active in general.

I've noticed a big difference in the way clothes are fitting on me now and my energy level has increased as well. It's amazing how much better I feel and how I didn't realize how bad I felt before. I'm a little disappointed though, as I have definitely lost weight this month, it hasn't been as much as I would like. I know some people are going to think it's from a lack of effort, but really I've been exercising a ton and dieting pretty well. I definitely could improve on my dieting habits as of late, but nothing too much else.

I think a big part of the lack of weight loss can be attributed to my body getting used to my lifestyle changes. Everything I've read talks about your body adapting to the reduced caloric intake and it starts storing more. I also think that my working out and lifting may have increaded my muscle mass and that can effect my weight loss. Regardless of how much weight I have lost, I feel great.

Side note: I don't have access to youtube so I can't link it, but go watch the"I feel great nutragrain Commercial. That is how feel.

Coming up Soon

Another thing I did last week was ign up for a 5k Race. Along with some of my family and friends, I will be running in the 2011 National Police Week 5k Saturday, May 14th at 9am. The proceeds go to COPS and ODMP, two charities that help the families of law enforcement officers who have given their lives in the line of duty. I'm pretty excited about running in the race, but also a bit nervous. My goal is just to complete the whole thing without walking, but I have a friend doing it with me, so if he stops to walk, I will too.

Also coming up soon is the Month 4 Weigh-in. This Saturday at Joe's house in Rockville we will have our month 4 winner and be well on our way to declaing on overall champion. If you can Recall the race is very close, with me trailing Psychotron by 0.78%. That equates to about 2.5lbs either way. I hope you all can make it to the weigh-in. if not, we wil lbe updatig the results the following Monday May 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment