Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Psychotron - Daily Diary 35

5/19/11

Calories: 2,208
Rock Band drumming: 60 minutes
Walking: 50 minutes

A nice combo of exercise, the Rock Band drumming was a fun activity, and the walking was focused and deliberate. I like these days because it feels like I sort of make up for days in which I get little or no exercise...

5/20/11

Calories: 2,200
No activities

...like this day. Apparently I have trouble getting myself to be active on Fridays. Back to back weeks I didn't do any sort of activity on Friday (I mean, besides walking between my car and Buffalo Wild Wings). There is something to be said, though, for my decision to eat dinner at home for 650 calories, rather than scarfing down 1,000+ calories of wings...which I really, really wanted to do.

5/21/11

Calories: 2,445
Basketball: 120 minutes

The good part: I played two hours of basketball, worked up a nice sweat, got the muscles going.

The bad part: I jammed the holy hell out of my finger, which has stifled my non-walking activity since then.

5/22/11

Calories: 2,780
Walking: 15 minutes

As I said, my finger was pretty roughed up, so rather than doing any Rock Band drumming, I just went for a short walk around my neighborhood. I had thought it was longer than 15 minutes, but the clock doesn't lie.

I've also noticed that I eat/drink when I get bored, and it seems like Sundays tend to be my most boring days. So, it's about time for me to find an activity for Sundays...and other days.

5/23/11

Calories: 2,690
Walking: 40 minutes

The full caloric effect of getting drunk isn't felt until the next day, when I make foolish decisions to try to get my head back on straight. A breakfast sandwich, three servings of rice, and a variety of snacks put me into the red on my calorie goals. Blah.

Looking Forward

As I said, I think I need some activities, some distractions to keep my mind focused. Exercise is a good thought, and when he gets back from Myrtle, I think I'm going to take Spag up on his offers to play tennis. I guess I could play more Rock Band, but it's a lot more fun when used as a social event. I've also been trying to do some more writing, which is nice, but can be frustrating. And of course, frustration leads to boredom leads to snacking.

You guys got any other ideas on how to fill up time? I can only play through Dead Rising 2 so many times...well, probably. I haven't gotten to whatever that number is yet, but still, there's probably a limit.

1 comment:

  1. Come up to Frederick for a Sunday afternoon. We'll walk, play baseball, build blocks, and play cars.

    Maybe plan to head back to your Mom's house and go swimming on Sundays?

    I know you don't like heading out too far on Sundays, but maybe getting you away from the house will help?

    ReplyDelete