Friday, September 2, 2011

So It Begins

The first two competitors have weighed in:

Marcus: 186.8
Joe: 274.0

Note: your weight will only be posted if you give me clearance to post it. If you prefer, I'll record it privately.

After some thought, I've decided my goal is to get under 250.0 pounds during this three month competition. It's a reasonable but aggressive goal. During my previous competition, I averaged 11.43 (repeating of course) pounds lost per month. In order to reach my goal this time around, I'd need to lose just over 8 pounds per month.

So, if you're looking to set your own goals, you can use my 8.76% to frame your plan. And I do recommend setting your own goals. In month three of my previous competition, my goal was to get under 300 pounds. The morning of the weigh-in, I was at 300.8, and I spent the morning and early afternoon running in the rain and playing Rock Band to try to burn off the weight I needed to reach my goal. My registered weight? 299.6. Goals are good.

As a reminder, you have 9 days to register your starting weight (the last day you can weigh in is Sunday, September 11th).

No comments:

Post a Comment