Monday, June 20, 2011

Psychotron - Daily Diary 39

Still waiting for that first Garg post of the month...

6/15/2011

Calories: 2,005
Walking: 45 minutes

Made myself another pizza. This one was a southwest style dealy, with seasoned chicken, onions, and various Mexican cheeses. The chicken runs a little higher on calories than turkey pepperoni, but it was delicious, and I stayed within my daily target, so I was pleased.

6/16/2011

Calories: 2,467
No activities

I had about 700 calories in high fiber foods, from raisin bran to fiber bars to vegetables, all trying to kick this stomach thing. I also had plenty of non-high fiber foods, though, and that's where the problems came from. Add in a lack of activities, and you've got a bad Thursday.

6/17/2011

Calories: 2,404
Walking: 30 minutes

If it makes anyone feel better, 1,600+ of these calories were from lunch at Hard Times.

It doesn't, though, does it?

6/18/2011

Calories: 2,350
Walking: 25 minutes
Lifting: 20 minutes
Rock Band singing: 20 minutes

While the calories were a bit above my daily target of 2,200, I feel like I came away with a lot of good information. I went up to Jen and Chris's place for a little barbecuing, and I spent a good chunk of time talking calories with Jen and Rachel. Does that make me a little girly? Probably. But if this competition has taught me anything, it's that it helps to have people fighting alongside you when you take on a big project. Talking to other people who count calories helps me find out about all sorts of other food options, and I think it'll prove to be beneficial going forward.

6/19/2011

Calories: 2,655
No activities

Just a crazy, lazy, snack-heavy Sunday. I watched a couple movies, played some video games, and basically had a nice shitty Father's Day. Still, 2,600 calorie "bad days" are better than 2010's 4,100 calorie "bad days," right?

Looking Forward

So I think I'm finally on the other side of whatever stomach bug or condition I was dealing with. I think I have a tendency to try to solve problems with food (all problems, physical, mental, arithmatic...), so I'm expecting to have a much better week this week. Also, I've got to get in some good days while I can. I'm going on vacation with my family (and Gargantuar's) starting on Saturday, so it's fair to expect some straying.

The day isn't over yet, but Monday looks like a good start.

1 comment:

  1. Those 1600+ calories during lunch makes me feel better, because they were enjoyed with me.

    ReplyDelete