Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 1

I came up with the idea to compete against Psyco and Garg because I was becoming a little more round as of late. I had begun to slip into bad eating and exercise habits and needed to get back on track. After a week I feel like I have changed a lot of things for the better but still left myself room for improvement.

6/6/2011

Calories: 1,700
Walking: 25 min

It was a pretty solid first day. I probably would have done even better if the woman at subway understood a little light mayo meant. Instead I received a crap load of regular mayo.

6/7/2011

Calories: 1420
Walking: 50 min

Again another good day. Rachel made some frittata that was really good and low cal. I went on a decent size walk with Psychotron in the evening.

6/8/2011

Calories: 1500
Walking: Softball 90 min

I was able to avoid eating too many calories again. It was around 95 degrees when playing softball. I didn't get much action in the field and didn't manage to hit all that well so the actual running was limited.

6/9/2011

Calories: 1400
Walking: None

I'm a little unsure where my calories really ended up. I had about 450-500 between breakfast and lunch. For dinner I went out to Uncle Julio's with Rach, Joey, and Julie. I had two light beers and a grilled salmon fillet with veggies. I'm not sure how much that really ends up being but 900 seems high if anything.

6/10/2011

Calories: 2500+
Walking: 20 min

This is where the wheels came off a little bit. Dan and Kristie came down to the house after work. I skipped breakfast knowing that it was not going to be a good night. I was pretty hammered by the end of the night so the actual calories are anyone's guess. I did manage to go for a walk at about 1 am with Dan. Weird.

6/11/2011

Calories: 2500+
Walking: None

This again was a pretty terrible night. I went up to hang out with Eddie in Westminster. I was able to limit my calories before going up which probably helped my overall numbers. However eating pizza, beers, and Crown XR lead to a lot of calories.

6/12/2011

Calories: 1050
Walking:
Basketball

After the train wreck of Friday and Saturday it makes sense I wasn't very hungry. I had a bowl of chili, some pretzels and a Gatorade after basketball. I was actually pretty active during the game. After the team was down 20-25 pts I started to take any open shot I was given. Not the best option for the success of the team but I figured I had been pretty passive all game. How did it turn out.... not great but I was able to bank a three. (I didn't call it)

Overall thoughts
I'm pretty happy overall. Two bad days over the weekend was not great but I was really good the other five. With the temperature dropping to a tolerable level I plan to be a little more active. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. What was your original weight? How are we going to know how much you lost at final weigh in without that bench mark?!?

    ReplyDelete