Friday, April 8, 2011

Psychotron - Daily Diary 24

4/3/11

Calories: 2,980
Activities: none

Terrible, terrible day. I blame most of it on Saturday's crazy fun (but highly toxic) party. I was pretty out of it most of the day, and didn't really think about what I was eating until it was gone. Maybe the most disappointing part, though, was my lack of a walk. I really want to get in the habit of walking at least 45 minutes every day.

4/4/11

Calories: 1,400
Activities: walk

Back to walking, and it was a good one, over an hour. Also the calories were back under control. Overall, a nice return to the grind.

4/5/11

Calories: 2,140
Activities: walk

Dancing with the devil here. The most questionable part is that I had some food that I didn't really regulate; some Ledo's pizza, some chili, and some potato chips. I didn't have much of any of them, but trying to figure out exactly how many calories I had was a tall order. I did get a late night walk in again, though, so I feel good about that.

4/6/11

Calories: 2,140
Activities: walk, walk

Nothing special, couple of walks, watched hockey, ate food.

4/7/11

Calories: 2,168
Activities: walk

See 4/6, minus the hockey.

4/8/11

Calories: 1,975
Activities: walk, walk

Both of my walks on Friday were in some level of rain. I went for a walk shortly after getting home from work, and that walk was straight up in a downpour. Then I went out late in the evening for a second walk, which was through drizzle and mist. Mist, not Myst.

Looking Forward

So, as I alluded to last time, I've got a new framework I want to use for my calorie-counting, because I feel like I'm having trouble with my current system. So here's the plan. Rather than trying to stay under 2,200 calories each day, I'm going to try to stay under 2,000 calories on most days, but allow myself two 2,500 calorie days per week. That should open up some more opportunities for drinking, going out, etc, while forcing me to stay a little more honest on days when I should have no trouble staying on form.

I'm still hoping to convince myself to do more cooking. Safeway is extremely close to my house, close enough that I could very reasonably go grocery shopping two or three times a week. That means I can buy fresh meats and vegetables, and not worry about them going bad before I use them. Well, in theory I can do that. This has been an idea of mine for a while, and I have yet to follow through. So we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment