Thursday, April 21, 2011

Psychotron - Daily Diary 27

Today I had a conversation with A-Bo, one of our strongest and most active supporters. Over the course of that conversation (and perhaps unbeknownst to Anthony), I came to the decision that I'm going to post more frequently. Rather than waiting four or more days in between posts, I'm going to try to post at least every other day.

Additionally, I'm going to ask something of all of you, and of myself. I think this blog would be more effective for Nick and I, and possibly more entertaining for you guys, if there was more going on. So, my intention will be to offer some kind of comment on most of Nick's posts, and ask those of you out there in the interwebs to try to contribute to the conversation when you can. In that vein, I'm going to do my best to add some kind of question or appeal at the end of each of my posts, to encourage discussion.

Starting now.

4/19/11

Calories: 1,909
Activities: walk

Nothing too noteworthy that I can remember. This is another reason I should try to post more regularly. I forget everything I did on Tuesday night. I think maybe I drank and played LoL and went for a late night walk? That sounds right. I know I walked because A) I wrote it down, and B) I always walk. Well, not always, but enough.

4/20/11

Calories: 2,150
Activities: walk

Wednesday night was great, then terrible, then fantastic. Let me explain.

First it was great because I hung out with my longtime friend Sam Tanious for about an hour, then went on a walk with my brother's cool wife Rachel. Then it was terrible because the Caps went down 3-0 in the second period of Game 4 against the Rangers. Then it was fantastic because the Caps came all the way back to win in double overtime.

I had a few too many chips over at Eddie's house, but 2,150 isn't a bad number at all. I haven't figured out what my goal is these days, but 2,200 was my second, reduced goal number, so we came in under that, which is nice. And as I mentioned before, as long as I keep it under 3,300 calories, I should be losing weight.

4/21/11

Calories: 1,930
Activities: walk

Sort of just hovering around 2,000 calories, which is okay, but I remember really relishing those random 1,110 calorie days. I'd like to figure out a way to motivate myself to get back to that occasional burst of restraint.

Looking Forward

So the one thing I'd like to figure out before my next post is how to set up my goal daily calorie count. I had an idea that I think might work, but I'll need some input (remember?) to determine exactly how I want to set it up.

The basic idea is that I'll award myself a particular number of points for reaching certain calorie levels, and aim for a specific target for weekly points. For example:

Under 1,000 calories: 6 points
1,000 - 1,399: 5 points
1,400 - 1,699: 4 points
1,700 - 1,999: 3 points
2,000 - 2,199: 2 points
2,200 - 2,499: 1 point

Then, minus one point for every 100 calories over 2,500. Let's go ahead and just establish that structure, and try to come up with a weekly point goal. Twelve points? Twenty? If it were earlier in the evening, I'd go back and figure out what some of my weeks have been like, but as is, that's TBD. The 2,500 calorie goal would result in a minimum of seven points per week if I held to that, and the 2,200 would be at least fourteen. So I think we have to look at fifteen points as a minimum, right?

3 comments:

  1. I think 18 is a good number. That is basically 4 days of 3 pointers and 3 days of 2 pointers. Or if you go off the wagon, bring it back with a nice 5 pointer. Or if you like me and want me to win, your goal is 10 points :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan Joey. Keep up the good work with eating healthy. I have more free time in the next few weeks and with the weather turning nice, let me know if you ever want to play tennis. It can be a great workout. Same goes for you too Nick but just give me more advance notice since you're in Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mike, I'll definitely hit you up to make some plans to play some tennis. My brother lives down the street, but he's too chicken to look ridiculous on a tennis court unless he's buzzed. Me, I'll look silly on the courts any time. EVERY time.

    ReplyDelete