Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Psychotron - Daily Diary 26

You'll see it below, but it was about as bad a weekend as I've had since I started keeping track of my calories.

4/14/11

Calories: 1,335
Activities: walk

The calm before the storm.

4/15/11

Calories: 3,825
Activities: none

So here's what happened. I woke up in the morning with discomfort in my stomach. I tried a couple different tacks to combat it, eating a breakfast sandwich in the morning, and trying to drink a lot of water during the work day. But the discomfort remained. I got home and thought that maybe a walk would set things right, but it only exacerbated things towards outright pain, and I only walked for about 10 minutes before I decided I was done (hence me not reporting it as an "activity").

So I did the only thing that felt right: I ordered a meat lover's pizza from Pizza Hut. And then ate most of it. You can see the results above, but I will say this: it put out the fire. My stomach was relaxed the rest of the night as I watched the Caps win game two over the Rangers.

4/16/11

Calories: 3,195
Activities: MS Walk

I woke up at 6:30, showered, and went down to DC for the Multiple Sclerosis walk on Saturday morning. It rained the whole time, sometimes hard, and the sidewalks/roadways had puddles galore. But I was with good company, and it was for a good cause, and I just like walking, so it was probably the most enjoyable three-mile walk through inclement weather I've ever endured.

The calorie data is fuzzy from Saturday. I drank heavily, and I would definitely believe that I may have overestimated the amount of calories I drank that night. But it's close enough, and overestimating puts a worse spin on the numbers, which will hopefully turn me back towards the light side of the force.

4/17/11

Calories: 2,025
Activities: walk

The worst thing about Sunday was the Caps game. It was excruciating to watch, and seemed to last forever. I got a walk in, and was back close to my calorie goals (though still surpassed it by a pinch). I did get in about 90 minutes of walking though, which is always good.

4/18/11

Calories: 1,730
Activities: walk

Finally back in order. I brought my lunch to work, had a salad and a Lean Cuisine for dinner, and overall just tried to restrain myself. And I did. And I got another good walk in.

Looking Forward

As I said, it was an awful weekend. But I'm glad that, at least for Friday, I continued to keep precise track of my calories, and forced myself to post the correct information (as I said, who knows what happened Saturday). We all have our mistakes, and I'd say this is my biggest drop off in this entire competition. Nick was able to overcome his Burger King trip and have a really good month; now it's my turn to bounce back after falling off the wagon.

I'm revisiting my calorie goals again. The 2,000 x 5 / 2,500 x 2 concept might not be the best fit for me. I'm going to play with some ideas and report back.

I also went to the grocery store yesterday and tried to equip myself with the tools to succeed. I bought some fruits and vegetables, and other low calorie items. I'm looking forward to hopefully having a solid week that I can feel good about. Now, who wants to play some Rock Band on Friday or Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment