Sunday, April 24, 2011

Psychotron - Daily Diary 28

See below.

4/22/11

Calories: 2,398
Activities: short walk

I picked up the Battle Marshal and Gargantuar for dinner at Roy's Place (by the way, just a terrible website). I tried to choose something a little healthier by avoiding Russian dressing, but my sandwich ended up having a lot of cheese on it, so in retrospect, oops. Next time, just order what you want, right?

We went back to Eddie's and watched Hobo With A Shotgun, which was more of an experience than a movie. The level of vulgarity they hit was pretty extreme.

Anyways, I took a roundabout way on my walk back from Eddie's, but only about a half hour's worth of walking. Hence, "short walk."

4/23/11

Calories: 1,912
Activities: walk

Went down to DC to watch the Caps close out the series against the Rangers...and that was awesome. I made sure to minimize my calories before we headed down, which turned out to be pretty smart, because I had about 1,800 of my calories in the time between when I left my house at 1:15 and when I returned 8 hours later.

Got a good walk in, but that's nothing new. It is worth noting, however, that since last Friday, which we'll refer to as The Pizza Incident, I've managed to push myself to at least get 30 minutes of walking in every day. Shame can be a powerful motivator.

4/24/11

Calories: 2,459 (1 point)
Activities: walk

Easter Sunday. It was kind of tough to eat smart with so many delicious options at my mom's house. Au gratin potatoes are a kind of kryptonite for me under any circumstances, but at a family gathering, forget about it.

Looking Forward

You might have noticed that I added a point score for Sunday's entry. I'm going to use Nick's recommendation of 18 on the weekly points goal, and we'll go Sunday to Sunday. So, I need to pick up 17 points over the next six days. I'm expecting it to be a successful tactic; I'm already trying to gameplan a 5 or 6 point day tomorrow so I don't have to stress myself out on the weekend trying to get to 18.

As I said, I'll try to post more frequently going forward, so you guys can track my progress.

No call to arms for discussion this post. It's late, and I need to sleep. Talk amongst yourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Good call on eting what you want, especially from a place like Roy's. I mean, if you are going very healthy( salad vs fried sandwich) I get it. But slightly less bad for you vs slightly more bad for you is a wash to me.

    Good job with the point structure, At very least it will be interesting to monitor and keep you aware.

    ReplyDelete