Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Month Two Results - Gargantuar's Thoughts

So The results are in and even though Psychotron crushed me in this month's weigh-in, overall it is still very close. Let's look at some of the numbers.

Note: The winner each month is determined by percentage weight lost and then overall winner is percentage after 6 months.


Gargantuar:
Starting Weight(Jan 7th): 309.8
One Month Weight(Feb 6th): 289.6
Two Month Weight(March 5th):282.8
Month Two difference: 6.8lbs/2.35%
Overall Difference: 27lbs / 8.72%

Psychotron:
Starting Weight: 346.6
Month Weight: 332.2
Two Month Weight: 314.4
Month Two Difference: 17.8lbs/5.36%
Overall Difference: 32.2lbs / 9.30%

So yeah, I got crushed this month. Let's give credit where it is due. Joe had an AMAZING month. He worked his butt off (literally) and it showed. My congrats to your month two win. Overall it is still very close and anyone's game. I aim to make month three my best month yet and plan on taking back the overall competition lead. I think losing a month puts things in perspective. Maybe I got too confident after having a great first month. Maybe The Tron was extra motivated after losing the first month. Whatever the case, I want to bring it home month three.

Week 9 Diet Goal - Eat More Salads

I don't have a set "this many salads this week" or "one salad a day" but I'd like to have a huge salad as a side dish to as many of my lunches and dinners as I can this week. I started off right today buying a huge one pound salad at giant, eating half of it with some grilled salmon my dad made. In the salad I added spinach, brocoli, carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, green peppers, cucumbers and a smidge of lite vinagarette dressing. When I say smidge, I mean a very small size (that's what she said). It was a very tasty and healthy lunch. Let's keep it up.

Week 9 Exercise Goal - Jog/Gym/Tennis Every Day Before or After Work

I really enjoy my lunch time walks at work during the week. But they are time bound and control how much I push myself as I don't want to get sweaty and smell the rest of the day. I want to try to do something each day where I can push myself. Whether it's jogging through the park, going to the gym, or playing tennis or something else. I would love to be able to do a 20 minute run without stopping to walk at all. I smell a future goal...

The Cinco de Marzo Fiesta

Regardless of the outcome we all had a great time at the after party. Some of you may think it might be weird to celebrate weigh-ins with parties. To those people I say "Have you heard the singer Cee Lo Green's new hit? Boom...roasted

1 comment:

  1. i just found this website yesterday: http://saladpride.blogspot.com/
    it might give you some ideas! they all look delicious... and congrats on a solid second month!

    love,
    your daughter

    ReplyDelete