Monday, March 21, 2011

Psychotron - Daily Diary 20

3/17/11

Calories: 1,580
Activities: super walk

So St. Patrick's Day ended up being much quieter than expected/hoped, due to a rash of sickness across the county (or basically just to one person). Anyways, while I didn't do any partying, I did hold tight on the diet. AND, I did what you'd call a super walk, or what I'd call a super walk. I walked for two and a half hours on Thursday night, occasionally picking things up to a jog. It was cool, being both crazy and uneventful. Crazy because it ended up being so late, and uneventful because nothing actually happened on the walk.

3/18/11

Calories: 2,046
Activities: none

Unintentionally, I didn't eat meat again this Lenten Friday. I tried out a crab cake at the cafeteria, and while it wasn't exactly excellent, it kept my calorie count pretty low...which I immediately stifled by eating some chips over at my brother's while watching March Madness. Kept everything below the goal of 2,100, but it was close.

I also watched just a terrible movie. It's called Carriers, it stars Chris Pine, of Star Trek fame. And that's about all I can say positively about the movie. It was billed as a horror, but was never scary. It also wasn't very interesting on any level...like, throughout. The most I can say for it is that it was on my Netflix queue, so I was able to remove it and make space for better movies after watching it. So, well done on that.

3/19/11

Calories: 2,267
Activities: none

The "none" isn't entirely true; I played Rock Band for about 20 minutes. But I didn't feel like that constituted enough actual activity to be worthy of notation.

I went to my cousin's house for a "bake-off," which was exactly as tempting as you'd expect it to be. I managed to keep things under control, but between the various flavors of cupcakes and other assorted desserts, I definitely had more calories than I'd hoped. Still, I was under my original goal of 2,500 calories on the day. I'm thinking that what I might do is set an everyday goal of 2,100 calories, and pull back the goal to 2,500 for "splurge" days. We'll see.

3/20/11

Calories: 1,890
Activities: walk

Cooked up a couple steaks, which weren't great, but were good. I assign half of the credit/blame to myself and my weak cooking skills, and the other half to my choice of cut (which was the cheapest I could find). Still, it was good enough that I'll do it again...just as soon as I get a refill on the propane.

I actually took two walks, but they were both on the short side, maybe a mile apiece.

3/21/11

Calories: 1,997
Activities: leg exercises

The same leg exercises I talked about before, to roughly the same extent. I meant to get to the gym, but I got caught up at work and didn't end up getting home until six. Should I have gone anyways? Yep. Lesson learned; just go to the fucking gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment