Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Psychotron - Daily Diary 17

As you guys saw, I was able to pull out the victory in month #2 of this six month competition. It was gratifying and exciting, after putting forth a very sincere effort this month, to be able to come out on top. And it puts a ton of pressure on both Nick and myself to grapple for the lead in month #3. But good pressure, I think.

3/6/11

Calories: 2,116
Activities: none

The day after the big party, there was a single cupcake sitting on my counter, looking lonely, almost whimpering for attention. So, as I do with anything that whimpers, I ate it. I also had some chips and salsa, and a couple beers. And I didn't go anywhere or do anything, as I attempted to recover from Saturday's mayhem. It wasn't exactly the kickoff I was looking for going into the crucial third month, but it's what it was.

3/7/11

Calories: 1,296
Activities: walk, gym

Sort of a "get back in the saddle" day. Ate a ton of vegetables (there was a veggie platter I bought for Saturday that never got opened), took a decent walk after work, and went to the gym. Calories were back in line, got some activity, and I feel like I'm back on track.

3/8/11

Calories: 2,011
Activities: none

I would've liked to get a walk in on Tuesday, but work was a lot busier than usual, and I didn't have time after work. Also I had an Italian sub for dinner, which didn't help the ol' calorie count. Lamb of god that thing was good, though. I also had ice cream in Maryland for the first time this year, I think (I'm sure I had something ice creamy in Disney World). But I really didn't have very much at all; I think it was a combination of being kind of stuffed from the sub and my own subconscious guilt for eating something I knew I shouldn't be eating.

Ahh, guilt. You've woven a tangled web.

Looking Forward

So I've decided to do two goal-related things this month. First, as you remember, my previous daily calorie goal was 2,500. I do believe that, if I stay around 2,500 calories a day, I'll still lose a good deal of weight. But I almost feel like 2,500 is too much leeway. I've seen that I'm able to keep myself around or under 2,000 calories on most days, for several days in a row. So I'm making a midstream adjustment: from now on, my daily calorie maximum is 2,100 calories.

Part two is something I actually had already started to do, but didn't make public. I have specific weight goals for each of the remaining four weigh-ins. So, in my first post after each weigh in, I'm going to announce my goal weight (FYI, for last month, it was 315, so I just barely hit it). Without further ado, my month #3 goal: 300 lbs.

Do I know that Nick was under 300 pounds after the first showdown? Yes I do. And that's a reminder that I've still got a long ways to go. But I honestly can't remember the last time I was under 300 pounds, and losing 14.4 pounds this month, while absolutely challenging, is also absolutely attainable.

I've got you in my sights, perfect game of bowling. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment