Sunday, March 13, 2011

Psychotron - Daily Diary 18

3/9/11

Calories: 1,670
Activities: "leg exercises"

Normally I'm not big on acknowledging religious holidays (or religion at all really), but this year, I decided to give Ash Wednesday its due. So, I had no meat all day. I had a salad, and some vegetables and dip, and some chips and salsa. The chips and salsa were left over from the party over the weekend, and really, I need to get rid of them. They're this giant temptation that's been sitting in my house, drawing me in for an entire week. I think I'd better just throw them out...

I put leg exercises in quotes because they weren't really any sort of regular leg exercises. It was just me doing squats in my bedroom while I was waiting for the League of Legends queue to pop. But I was the good kind of sore for three days afterward, so it must've done something.

3/10/11

Calories: 1,280
Activities: gym

I've noticed that I usually have good days when I find a good entree at work for lunch. Thursday they had kebabs and green beans; it was 360 calories worth of awesome, and I was happy and controlled the rest of the day, diet-wise. I went to the gym and had a pretty strong workout. I knew that I'd had some kind of disappointing workouts, so I went in thinking that I needed to really step it up. Mission accomplished.

3/11/11

Calories: 1,828
Activities: none

Try this on for size: it was a Friday in Lent, and I consciously didn't have any meat. It's just another way for me to challenge myself, and I'm in a challenge myself kind of mood these days. The only thing, though, is that when I choose not to eat meat, about half the time I end up having pizza, which is okay, but not that great for you. Anyways, it worked out.

Went to the hockey game, it was pretty great. And I wore my brand new Dave Steckel jersey. In case you're wondering, yes, that's the guy who the Caps traded to New Jersey in the Arnott deal. I ordered it like three days before the trade deadline, assuming he was safe. Oh well. I still love him. And I do like having an unconventional jersey; this just makes it really unconventional.

3/12/11

Calories: 2,086
Activities: walk

So I've noticed that on weekend days that I don't have plans, I tend to get into food-eating trouble. It's like, if I'm just sitting around, for some reason, I default back to snacking. So, what's the resolution? Make plans. Make plans like my life depends on it. I've always hated having plans, so this is another change of pace. But it should be fun to hang out or whatever, right?

Went for a walk with a cute neighbor. I think she's married, though. :)

3/13/11

Calories: 2,104
Activities: none

Headed back down to the Verizon Center on Sunday for another Caps game, and another Caps victory. The games are a lot more fun when the team wins. Also, this game's tickets were the prize for last month's weigh-in victory. So it was especially sweet to savor such a great experience.

More notably for this blog, however, is that I breached my new goal of 2,100. Even though it was by a mere 4 calories, it's a disappointment to be sure.

I know what you're thinking: "But Joe, you had plans. I thought you said when you have plans, you get in less trouble." That's true. But my plans were still in flux right up until they started happening. We didn't figure out food plans until mere moments before the eating started, which ended up with me eating 3/4 of a personal pepperoni pizza, then going out to dinner just a few hours later. I'm still confident that more concrete planning would have resulted in better eating decisions.

Looking Forward

As I hinted at, I'm going to focus on having some kind of concrete plans for each day this weekend. I've been invited to a food party on Saturday night, which isn't exactly perfect for the diet, but again, I can plan for it. So there's a pretty decent chance I go to that. Sunday, as always, is a harder day to figure out, but I've got time.

No comments:

Post a Comment