Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day One - Psychotron

So now that we've started this business, it's probably time for me to say a little something.

We had our initial weigh-in last night. Psychotron came in at 346.6; Gargantuar at 309.8. For those of you scoring at home, that means that for every 3.1 pounds he loses, I have to lose about 3.5.

So how are we going to do this? Well, Nick will have his own methods, but let me give you a glimpse into my plans:
  1. Limit myself to 2,500 calories per day. I've started an Excel spreadsheet to monitor my daily calorie intake. I have one big concern, and that's my trip to Disney World from January 14th to 19th, because A) A lot of the stuff I eat, I'll have to guesstimate its calorie content, and B) it's hard to limit yourself in the happiest place on Earth.
  2. Exercise at least 3 days a week. I'm not going to specify a particular exercise, because any time I've done that in the past, I've lost motivation altogether. I do have some specific things I'm going to do, though: tennis, weightlifting, walking/jogging, and yes, playing Rock Band. The drumming, especially on higher difficulties, can be a moderate workout, and it's way more fun than walking.
  3. Do more. Could I be any more vague? Let me explain. I have a habit of being pretty lazy. This will sometimes manifest itself in me choosing to not go places. For example, I'll not go to the grocery store, and instead go to Burger King. I'll not go to the mall/Target/Kohl's, and instead shop online. But getting out of the house more frequently will inevitably put me on my feet more, and that's a good thing. So my goal is, "do more."
  4. Drink more water. I drink a lot of diet soda, and while that's okay as far as calories, I know there's stuff in there that I just shouldn't be exposing my body to quite so frequently. Furthermore, water helps digestion, fills you up, and is overall just good for you.
  5. Get more sleep. I often get only 5-6 hours of sleep a night, and I know that it's simply not enough for me. I have to find a way to convince myself to go to bed at 11:30, and not watch two episodes of The West Wing (even if it is the greatest show on turf). I'm hoping that exercise and dieting will give me more of a satisfied feeling at the end of the day, which will hopefully, in turn, let me feel good about hitting the hay on time.
Will this plan work? Well, I don't know if it'll lead me to victory in the competition (though that's obviously the plan), but I feel confident that it'll put me in a good spot to lose weight and get healthier. I have a specific, secret goal, but I want to keep it a secret until it's a realistic possibility. And no, it's not to "get laid." Stay tuned, and maybe you'll find out.

1 comment:

  1. Before you said the goal wasn't to "get laid" I was totally thinking it was to get laid.

    good luck bro.

    ReplyDelete