Monday, January 31, 2011

Weigh-In Week - Gargantuar

So right now everyone should be hearing Europe's "The Final Countdown" blasting in your head. Everyone should be on the edge of their seat in anticipation of "The Big Weigh in" this sunday. I know there is some silly football game on as well, but who really cares about that. I'm pretty stoked about what I think will be a huge day for both Psychotron and myself, but a little less huge than a month ago.

Week 3 Diet Goal - Get back on track

I had a really good week last week getting back on the wagon. I did have one meal out at a restaurant that was pretty unhealthy. A big bacon cheese burger and fries. BTW...it was delicious. I think its pretty ok to have a meal or two a week that is not part of the diet. It keeps you from going insane and it helps that little craving. All in all it was a great diet week. I even was able to drink a lot on Saturday night as I ate really well earlier that day.

Week 3 Exercise Goal - Do More

I have been in the groove of walking at work again which is definitely a good thing. I also went to the gym twice this week, which is better than in the past. Last Sunday, I went to the gym by my brother's house and used an Arc Trainer. It's kind of like an elliptical but a bit more intense. The motion it has you do is almost like doing stairs or running uphill. I could only use it for five minutes before I had to switch to the treadmill. My upper thighs were killing me as they don't get worked out really on a treadmill. It seems pretty cool and I definitely liked it, I'm just not there yet. I did do some lifting and added a bunch of leg presses to try to work my thighs. Who knows, maybe the Arc will be for me in a few weeks.

Weigh-In Week Diet Goal - No more than 2100 calories on Superbowl Sunday

So this week's goal is about a single day. And 2100 calories may seem pretty easy, but anyone who has dieted now knows about how loaded with calories the junk food we eat during the Superbowl is. Also, it's just so readily available and delicious, it's hard to stop eating. I was originally going to say 2000, but what the heck, I have 100 calorie safety net now.
So in order to stick to the 2100 calorie Sunday I have implemented an action plan:
  1. Don't drink any calories - That mean no alcohol, but that's ok as it's Sunday and I have to work the next day.
  2. Make my own food - I am making a trip to Battle Marshal Eddie's house early that day to watch the Caps vs Pens hockey game. While there I have a few recipes I will make that will cut down on my caloric intake. If the food in front of my face is healthier I can eat more of it.
  3. Know what I'm putting in my body - If I don't know how to calculate the calories, clearly I will lose track and that leads to bingeing.

Weigh-In Week Exercise Goal - 10,000 steps 4 days this week

While visiting my brother he gave me a pedometer that he had but never opened. It's used for counting steps. They say that 10,000 steps a day is approximately 5 miles. I went to bed wearing the pedometer set at zero and will monitor every step I take. I tend to walk a good amount for work, and have been walking during work so I think I can get to 10,000 pretty easily. I'll keep you guys updated about how many steps I am doing.

So there is the game plan. I want this week to go well so I can dring home to gold in the first weigh-in. I will update later this week, and try to get some pics on Sunday for the Weigh-In special post.

No comments:

Post a Comment