Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week 2 - Prepping for Las Vegas - Gargantuar

Hello...How bout that ride in? I guess that's why they call it Sin City hahaha...

So this time tomorrow I will be arriving in Las Vegas with my dad. I asked him if he ever saw "The Hangover"? He texted me:

"Seen it and no I'm not pulling my tooth out"

So I guess we won't get too crazy but we have been at some pretty epic blackjack tables in the past, so hopefully we can find something like that again. But even though I will make sure to have a good time and won't be strict on my diet, I still have a game plan and want to be mindful of a few things. Here's an update on week 2 and plan for Las Vegas.

Diet Goal - No eating after 10pm

So far so good, although I didn't forsee any problems until I'm actually in Vegas. I usually eat dinner around 5:30 - 6pm, so if I do eat a snack after dinner, it's by 8pm.

Las Vegas Game Plan - Eat dinner later

There is no doubt that I will be on a different time schedule while in Las Vegas. My plan is to eat dinner around 7:30-8pm and if I do need to eat anything afterward, eat it by 10pm. What I've been doing really well so far, has been eating 5 or 6 times during the day, even if it's a few carrots or a yogurt. I'm sure I won't be able to maintain that while in Vegas but hey, it's a vacation.

Exercise Goal - Go to the gym 3 times this week

Last week I walked during my lunch break for 25-30 minutes everyday, and sometimes more in the afternoon. I am definitely continuing to do that as a lifestyle change. Not necessarily everyday, but more often than not. As far as the gym goes, I went last night for the first time. A good friend of mine went with me as well so that was fun. I walked briskly on the treadmill for 40 minutes, and then lifted weights for some back/shoulder/ab workouts, for about 20 minutes. It felt good to get my sweat on, and it didn't hurt to look at the chicas in tight clothes. I plan on going today after work once more as well.

Las Vegas Game Plan - Use the hotel gym

I am there for five days and four nights. Even if I use the gym one or two times, I will feel so much better about myself and my trip there. I'm sure I will get a decent amount of walking in too going up and down the strip.

I will try to post once more while in Las Vegas and will definitely update everyone about my success after I get back. Until then, my two man wolfpack will be looking for strippers and cocaine in the desert playground.

2 comments:

  1. Jesus, you seem to be hitting stride early, and you've got a plan for everything. I'd better step up my game if I want to compete this month.

    Or...

    ...what hotel are you staying in? Maybe I can buy you some room service. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick - this is good stuff, dude! I don't know if you caught it, but I just did a Biggest Loser challenge and lost 28.5 pounds.

    I'm rooting you guys on! It's totally worth it!

    Now, once you hit it big on the tables, just be careful with how many free buffet meals they throw your way. High rollers can only eat so many stacks of pancakes with gin and tonic.

    ReplyDelete