Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekends - Gargantuar




Everyone that has ever dieted knows two things:

  1. John Stamos is sexier than Bob Saget

  2. Weekends are the hardest days to maintain your diet

For reason #2, I am so glad we started our competition on a Saturday. The first week of a diet is realatively easy, and especially the first couple of days. You're pumped up and committed to doing your best. Since the first two days of "P v G" were on a weekend, I had no problem sticking to the diet. I even went out to a bar Saturday night and stayed sober. It helped that we were at a popular bar to dance at so I had something to do instead of just staring at beer and liquor (I have no problem dancing sober). Plus three hours of dancing was great exercise.


Sunday I went grocery shopping for my diet foods. A lot of oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, turkey lunch meat for sandwiches, baby carrots for snacking, and stir fry veggies for dinner. I then went to my friend Ryan's house to watch football, but I prepared first. I hadn't eaten lunch yet and I knew there would be temptations there, so I packed my own food. I brought a turkey sandwich, a yogurt, some (proportioned) tostitos and salsa, and carrots for snacking. I drank one Coke Zero and then water the rest of the day. Ryan was nice enough to cook dinner for me that night, grilling up some chicken with some rice.


All-in-all it was a good start to the competition. I know the weekends to come will be more daunting, including a five day trip to Las Vegas January 20th- 24th. I hear receiving lap dances is good exercise! I will definitely put that one to the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment