Thursday, February 10, 2011

Psychotron - Daily Diary 9

Gonna keep this one simple, as I've got a hundred and fifty things going on right now, and I want to get to sleep at a reasonable time tonight (or at least, reasonable for me).

2/7/2011

Calories: 1,703
Activities: Walking

At one point in the middle of the day, I considered going for an under-1,000 calorie performance on Monday, but Mondays are just too tough a day to stay completely nice. I'm not unhappy at all with 1,700 calories, though. Eddie says we walked 1.4 miles at work, which was good, but I was wearing black socks, which seems to be a death knell for my feet.

2/8/2011

Calories: 2,063
Activities: Rock Band

I equate Rock Band to taking a walk. It's not as good as legit, big boy exercise, but it's better than sitting on my computer playing SimCity. I had my office's cafeteria's entree for lunch; it was four pieces of shrimp with some pineapple salsa. A staggering 190 calories later, I was shockingly satisfied...until after work, when I had two glasses of rum.

2/9/2011

Calories: 2,122
Activities: Weightlifting

A strongman competition it wasn't, but Wednesday night I had the most legit workout session I've had since I moved into my place, over a year ago. I partnered it with a few too many meatballs, but all the same, I'm pleased. I discovered that lifting is a nice complement to playing Call of Duty. The time between games, or when there are host migrations, offer plenty of opportunities to get in a few reps.

2/10/2011

Calories: 1,425
Activities: none

Yeah, none. I thought about taking a walk while I was at work, but I kept getting distracted by, you know, work. When I got home, I considered some Rock Band, but I just wasn't feeling it. I did play a little real guitar, which isn't a workout or anything, but it is fun. I did, however, use my lack of activity to force myself to stay lower on the calorie meter, so it wasn't all bad.

Two things in the works:

First, since I've been buying pineapples, I've been thinking about cooking up some kind of chicken dish with a pineapple sauce/salsa/whatever. Tonight I went to the store and got some vegetables to complete the dish, so the plan is one night this weekend to try out some kind of haphazard meal. It should be good...nah, it's gonna be a bloodbath.

Second, I got my paperwork in for my company's fitness center membership. I still have to have a health consultation with someone, and have to go to some kind of orientation bullshit so I know not to pee on the floor or something, but I'm very close to having full access to a gym. So, if you've got any recommendations on how to best utilize said gym, I'm all ears.

3 comments:

  1. Your company must know you all to well to make you go to an orientation to tell you not to pee on the floor. The best recommendation I can give you to best utilize the gym would be to not pee on the gym floor (or the equipment, really, but that stuff can be replaced).

    ReplyDelete
  2. grilled pineapple is beast

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're looking to work out after your orientation let me know and I'll come down.

    ReplyDelete