Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 5 Update Feeling Normal - Gargantuar





















It is amazing how vastly unappreciated "feeling normal" is until you feel like absolute crap for a week. The only other time you fully apprciate feeling normal is after a raging hangover. I still don't feel comlpetely back to normal, but enough so that I might start trying to do some walking and other activities. Plus, it's supposed to be like 50 F outside this weekend, so that should be awesome. I honestly don't think I have any plans so it would be pretty good to get outside and do something. Even if it's walking in the city shopping or to get nice healthy lunch. Hit me up if you live in Baltimore and these things appeal to you.

Again, I didn't have any goals this week, other than feel better. Well I do feel much better and I'm also pretty excited about some changes I've noticed. On Wednesday I did a little grocery shopping and when I was out, I decided I wanted some ice cream. I bought a pint of Ben and Jerry's and later that night opened it up to enjoy. Now the old Nick would have housed the whole thing, no questions asked. But I ate the top layer, probably not even a 1/4 of the pint and was satisfied and didn't even want any more. It used to be whatever was in front of me, I ate it, no thinking or whatever. From my month plus of dieting, I now know how to eat till I'm full and stop. This is a pretty big deal to me as I feel like this is a life time of thinking reversed, and is a huge component of the reason I was over 300lbs in the first place.

It's changes like that one above that I hope to maintain as "lifestyle" changes. These are the things that, even when not dieting, are just good practices to maintaining a healthy life. I just spent 20 minutes trying to think of a funny line to end this blog. I should have spent 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in.
    JK I don't really like shopping.
    JK I do, but I don't live in Baltimore.
    JK I live close enough, I'll be there.
    JK we're competitors, so go eat some cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. portion control is a big component of dieting. sounds like youre body and mind are finally learning the little amount that it needs to function.

    ReplyDelete