Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week 7 Update "Neck and Neck" - Gargantuar

Well, judging from his last post, it appears my competitor has really hit his stride. Take a look to the left and judge for yourself. Clearly I am the majestic white horse, slightly in the lead, with Psycho the stalking brown horse nearly caught up. I think this month's weigh-in should be very competitive.

And as Joey mentioned in his last post, the firm date of the month two weigh-in is Saturday March 5th. It will be in Rockville. Come out and enjoy the festivites with the rest of us. I'm sure there will be some sort of festivites...right Joe? Eddie? Yeah...they'll be ready.

Week 7 Universal Goal - Be Asleep by 1130pm Monday - Thursday

So this week I've been trying to go to bed earlier as I work my early shift (7am-4pm) and regularly don't go to bed until 12am or 1am. And if I go to bed around 12am I usually won't fall asleep until 12:30. So I've been tring to be in bed around 11 and asleep by 1130. When we last left our fledgling hero (Me) I was going out with an out of town friend Tuesday night. We met up with some other friends, had dinner and hungout for a few hours. I ended up being home by 11pm and was pretty tired so it was easy to fall asleep that night. Last night was another rousing success. The benefit of this is pretty clear. I feel much better today and have more energy. I'm going to try to use that energy to get to the gym or play tennis (if it is not too windy/cold). I have also been walking at lunch still and I've been able to speed up the pace and lengthen my stride a bit.

On a side note. I had a very delicious dinner last night (made by my friend Emily) with butternut squash, collard greens and cod. Everything was delicious and very healthy as well. I guess looking forward I would like to incorporate more salads in my meals. I mean the sheer volume of eating a large salad fills you up and keeps you from eating too much of other less healthy foods. I'm also really stoked to see my weight loss progression. I have not weighed myself since the last weigh-in so I have no idea other than just feeling better and being on notch 6 of my belt instead of notch 4. After notch 7, I'll need a new one.

1 comment:

  1. go nick! I'm so proud of you! You look great- keep it up!

    ReplyDelete