Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weigh-In Febuary 6th - Gargantuar


Well tonight, a big event came and passed with a victor. Oh yeah, and The Packers won the Super Bowl. We had the first of six monthly prize weigh-ins tonight just after the start of the first quarter. I will admit that I was a little bit nervous going into the official weigh-in. I had some idea where I stood, but not exactly, and I had no idea where Psychotron stood. But when Battle Marshal Eddie called us over to the scale...it was all business.

Joe "Psychotron" Mattingly stepped up to the scale first...


Beginning weight: 346.6 Jan 7th
First Month: 332.2 Feb 6th
Difference: 14.4 lbs




Wow! A great first month for The Tron. He really set the bar high and made me really nervous about losing. I mean, we both want to lose weight. And we are both happy for each other and care about each other's health. But I'm still very competitive in pretty much everything I do. I hate to lose and especially as public as it would be. Joey and I quickly figured out that I would have to lose roughly 13lbs or weigh 296ish lbs to be a possible tie/too close to call. Remember, the competition is by % weight lost.

Nick "Gargantuar" Engle takes his turn on the scale...

Beginning weight: 309.8 Jan 7th
First month: 289.6 Feb 6th
Difference: 20.2lbs


I pulled out the victory in the first month weigh-in! I am so stoked for both Joey and myself. I mean we lost an almost 35 lbs combined in one month. And it's only the beginning. The Tron hasn't even started exercising yet. His weight loss is almost entirely diet derived. That has to give him some motivation for the next month.

I'll update you all soon on my goal completion for the week, and the coming week/month strategy. But I wanted to share the results. It feels pretty good to be on the lighter side of 300. And I will never see the other side again.

5 comments:

  1. 20 fucking pounds. He must've had a cat in his pants when he started out.

    Congrats, fucker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ridiculously proud of the both of you! You both get a W in your first round bout, in my opinion. Here's to month 2!

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tron is reaching for the belt hanging high above the ring.... whats this? OOOOOO Garga just ran in and hit him with a chair!!!!I DON'T BELEIVE WHAT I JUST SAWWWWWWWW GOOD GOD Almighty. Blood is pouring from Tron's forehead as Garga reaching up with his last once of strength to pull the belt down. Now what's this? He's thrown The Tron off the cage... This man is sadistic.

    Will he be able to make a comeback next month? Time will tell..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uy2tuw6dU8
    Round One to GARGAAAA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, that's a lotta weight loss. Great job, guys!

    ReplyDelete